Applications for Rangerette Manager/Performer are now OPEN for the 2019-2020 academic year.
What is a Rangerette Manager/Performer?
Rangerette Manager/Performers have the same daily duties and responsibilities as Managers, however in the spring they are considered for special performance opportunities in Rangerette Revels based on the theme of the show.
Rangerette Manager/Performers are selected by the Rangerette Directors with assistance from an outside panel of judges. Tryouts take place in the summer and are scheduled based on # of applicants.
Rangerette Manager/Performer Tryout Procedure
- Candidates will learn and perform several combinations of various dance styles.
- Candidates must bring a prepared 30 second solo to the music of their choice. All selections must be on CD.
What We Are Looking For
- Well-rounded performers in all areas of dance who are technically proficient.
- Individuals who possess excellent stage presence and showmanship.
- Individuals who are physically fit.
ALL Rangerette Manager/Performers must agree to the following in order to receive partial scholarship and travel with the Rangerettes:
- Agrees to enroll in KINE (1247, 1248, 2247, and 2248)
- Agrees to attend all extra rehearsals required of Manager/Performers
- Agrees to enroll for 14 semester hours and successfully complete a minimum of 12 semester hours each and every long semester at Kilgore College and must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 to remain active in the organization for the succeeding semester. Developmental classes are used to calculate GPA for purposes of determining eligibility as a Rangerette Manager/Performer.
- Agrees to sign and adhere to the Rangerette Directors Discipline and Performance Contract for Rangerette Managers, Manager/Performers, and Voice of the Rangerettes.
If interested in auditioning for Rangerette Manager/Performer please complete the online application and set up an interview with the Rangerette Directors.